19 March 2011

Syria!

If the useless dictatorship can be overthrown there and replaced with a democracy we could finally dissolve Lebanon. I know quite a few Lebanese would take exception to that, I'm only speaking for myself (although some Lebanese agree with me too). Lebanon is not a feasible country the French just carved a slice out of Syria to try and create an allied Maronite outpost there (though the population was only ever 50% Maronite). It's been a failed state ever since constantly in civil strife, civil wars with only a facade of a government. The only reason why I support it continuing to exist for now is that there's no better alternative. But if Syria were to become a democracy then Lebanon could be reincorporated back into it and I think this would be the best solution.

No comments: